Freedom Writers Event
Elk Grove Citizen
Coverage of this event can be found here:
The ASSETs’ After School Program provides a safe environment for all LCHS students Monday through Friday from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. During a minimum school day schedule, ASSETs is immediately after the last class. The program runs throughout the school year.
The ASSETs program is funded through the Federal 21st Century grant under NCLB. The program is designed to provide LCHS students with:
- Academic Support– Includes daily access to the library to complete homework and access computers, mentoring and homework Lounge (room H-12), athletic study hall, tutoring sections (see schedule), and more.
- Enrichment Programs– Includes art and photo programs, LCHS spirit, Mathletes, Academic Decathlon, media productions, college preparation courses and workshops, band, and dance.
- Cultural and Recreational Opportunities- Includes clubs, athletic conditioning, LCHS spirit, Young Millionaires Academy, and more.
- Credit Recovery– Math and English classes are offered each term so students can retake failed classes. (Social Science and General Science are offered periodically based on need.) Some courses are offered on-line via APEX.
- Family Literacy– PIQE (helps parents understand how to prepare kids for college), Parent Project Sr. (strategies for working with teens), parent forums which provide schoolloop training, workshops on college applications and financial aid, and more.