Academy Application (2010-2011 School Year)
Click on the link below to download the 2010-2011 MPTA Application for incoming 9th and 10 grade students.
|Bryant, Steve||English Teacher|
|Friedrich, James||Math Teacher|
|Giovannetti, Mr.||Industrial Technology Chair/MPTA Coordinator, Teacher|
|Hackett, Dave||Industrial Technology/Science Teacher|
|Harriman, Bob||Counselor/MPTA Counselor|
|Haworth, Robert||Industrial Technology/Science Teacher|
|Maniccia, Jennifer||English Teacher|
|Puccini, Denise||Math Teacher|
|Puccini, Micheal||Industrial Technology Teacher|
|Sousa, Justin||Social Science Teacher|
MPTA is organized around a major industry sector such as manufacturing and engineering and contains four essential ingredients.
- A challenging academic component prepares students for success— without remediation— in California’s community colleges and universities, as well as in apprenticeships and other postsecondary programs. Academics relate to the industry theme when possible and include:
- English—four years
- Mathematics—including algebra, geometry, and advanced algebra or statistics
- Science—two years including biology, chemistry, or physics
- Social Studies—three years including American and world history, U.S. government and economics
- Foreign language—two years emphasizing oral communication and cross–cultural understanding
- Visual and performing arts—one year
- A demanding technical component delivers concrete knowledge and skills through a cluster of four or more technical courses. The focus is on preparing youth for high–skill, high–wage employment through an emphasis on real–world applications that bring academic and technical learning to life.
- A work–based learning component offers opportunities to learn through real–world experiences. Students gain access to intensive internships, virtual apprenticeships, and school–based enterprises. These experiences complement classroom instruction, helping sharpen students’ desire to increase knowledge and skills relevant to their career interests.
- Support services include counseling as well as MPTA Advocacy, MPTA spans grades nine to 12 and connects directly to a set of postsecondary options.
MPTA is a Model Program
Click on the link below to learn more about the MPTA and what it has to offer.